Rising to the Occasion
Shambhala Meditation Center of Seattle
It was my honor to work with the Shambhala Meditation Center of Seattle on the marketing assets for their event Rising to the Occasion. This public event centered around the visit of Sakyong Mipham Pinpoche, the leader of the Shambhala Buddhist lineage.
As a result of the marketing team’s efforts, the event was at nearly full capacity. The Center’s Marketing Director offered the following commentary on my work:
I have been a marketing director and VP for 16 years and I have worked with a lot of designers. You rank right up there with my two all time favorite designers in being easy to work with and doing great work. You are talented and accurate, take criticism well and you’re fast to boot.
- Redesigned initial poster, which became the basis for the rest of the event marketing materials.
- Designed all event print materials, including flyers, post cards and posters.
- Created assets for the event website.
- Using MailChimp and HTML/CSS, designed and configured a series of email blasts leading up to the event.
- Designed additional flyers for community groups who would be tabling at the event.
flyer redesign & print materials
community group flyers
“I [would like to] personally thank you for re-designing our information! The look is SO much better than our previous flyer and donation letter … and we know it will generate more interest!”